Glades Crop Care, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest independent crop consulting firms dealing primarily with high cash value fresh market produce. We provide 3 services for our clients:
- Scouting & crop consulting based on IPM & sustainable systems
- Food safety program development, implementation and auditing
- Contract research, including efficacy trials and residue studies complaint with GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) standards
We are certified providers of Good Agricultural Practices (GAP’S), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) audits. We provide Worker Protection Standard compliant (WPS) spray tracking and WPS posting services. We conduct research with grant monies awarded by the USDA, EPA, and FDA. We provide consulting services for over 65,000 acres of over 60 fresh produce commodities annually and have provided food safety services to a large portion of the vegetable production facilities in Florida originally under the auspices of a Florida Dept of Ag block grant.
Our reputation for excellence has been acknowledged through our being the only crop consulting firm:
- Chosen as the first National IPM Award winner
- Selected as a charter member of EPA’s Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program (PESP)
- Awarded the Southern Region IPM Center’s Friends of IPM Award
- Awarded EPA PESP Champion Award four consecutive years for positive pesticide risk reduction
- Represented on EPA and USDA’s National Tolerance Reassessment Advisory Committee
- Presented the Florida Entomological Society’s Pioneer Award
- Three times awarded Florida Horticultural Society’s “President’s Award to Industry”
- Received USDA’s Award of Merit
Our Mission is to empower farmers and agribusinesses seeking sustainable solutions of their agricultural production challenges.
Our Shared Goal is to optimize production, profits, and the safety of food, while protecting the environment and promoting safe working conditions for all.
Our Pledge is to understand and solve our clients’ production challenges through science-based services and advanced management systems.