Crop Management Specialist – Florida
Locations: South Florida
Compensation: Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
Duration: Full Time
Come and join a TEAM of exceptional professionals who love what they do and have the privilege of working with some of the nation’s most progressive farmers in high value, fresh market vegetable production. Our TEAM has delivered valuable, science-based information to growers for more than 40 years and is nationally recognized for advocating innovative, sustainable solutions for their grower clients.
Our specialists advise grower clients on many different crops including tomato, pepper, potato, sweet corn, lettuce, cucurbits, citrus, rice, and turf. In addition to IPM consulting, our company conducts research trials at field research facilities.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) scouting and consultations on multiple crops
- Identification and resolution of production problems
- Assisting in the performance of research projects
- The corporate culture requires science based, service oriented, team players acting on a foundation of loyalty and honesty
- Self-starter, with high motivation and strong work ethic
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- A desire to improve economic and crop performance of grower clients
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt positively to change
- A desire to work outdoors
- B.S. or M.S. in related agricultural or environmental science discipline
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Excellent support staff and training program
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
If you are interested in this or any future openings, please forward your resume or CV, transcripts, and salary requirements along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.